Thursday, January 9, 2014

The story of us

Hello!

             Welcome to my first blog. I decided to make this blog because I wanted to keep track of all things Baby Smith. First I will start off by introducing myself. My name is Lauren Carr. I Live in upstate New York. I am 25 years old and I work full time as a Business Administrator for a truck leasing company. I Love fashion, family, friends, pinterest, and planning! Daddy's name is Thomas Smith. We all call him Tommy. He is 33 years old and he owns his own audio/visual company. He loves Jaques his French Bulldog, RC cars, friends, family and sleep! We met at my cousin Jimmy's wedding. He was the one I had my eye on from the moment I walked through the door. He was a groomsmen; tall, handsome, in a tux and best of all he was a red head. (my favorite). As I stared at him from afar while he was having pictures taken, little did I know he had a Baconator from Wendy's in his pocket! (who brings fast food to a wedding?) Anyway, after the party moved downstairs to the cocktail hour, I couldn't find him anywhere. Asking family members who the tall one was with red hair, unfortunately no one could help me without seeing him. UGH!, just my luck! The photographer asks all the cousins (there are MANY of us) to come line up on the staircase and take a picture. As I line up with my family, standing next to my sister Tara I see him! As I said "There he is Tara!" she grotesquely replied " Ew, Lauren, he has red hair and he's old!". I brushed her comment off and tried to catch my breath as he walked up the stairs next to me. Feeling so invisible I nonchalantly glance up at him and at that moment I knew he saw me!
             The party continued. The bridal party enters and there he was. I immediately ran over to my cousin Terry and said "Who is the tall blonde with Jill?!" He replied " UGH i knew you were going to ask me that, his name is Tommy". Finally, a name to put to that face I had been drooling over for the past hour. I turn around and my uncle Mike was behind me and he said "Tommy?! I LOVE TOMMY! I'm going to set you up!". I was terrified. I'd never approached a man in my life, not seriously anyway. I tracked down all my cousins in the wedding asking about this Tommy character. And Finally there the groom was for me to ask the main source. Just my luck to embarrass me, Tommy comes walking back from the bar as we were talking about him. (I'm now blushing ridiculously).. That was it. That was our first hello. I melted. The party continued and we actually spoke later on that night for about an hour or so after I slipped on the dance floor in front of him and before I asked him to lick chocolate off of my face (jokingly). As the end of the party approached (after numerous drunken fight breakups), my shoes were back on. Saying goodbye to my aunts and uncles, I couldn't help but think where he ran off to. Maybe he went home with some blonde girl and I was too young for him, or he was just not interested, I was disappointed. With my back to the door, my aunt Nancy pointed at the door and said "there he is!". As I turned, it all felt like slow motion. My eyes locked on this tall gorgeous man running through the doorway with a leather coat jeans a tee shirt and sneakers on, that was it. I still feel the butterflies. He was actually running back to make sure I didn't leave! PHEW! he just went to change out of the tux to give back to the groom. Relief set in. He did like me. Following him around all night waiting for some kind of sign all paid off when he gave me his number. He walked me to the hotel transportation bus and called me less than a half hour later..

That is a night I will never forget for my entire life. I never believed in love at first sight until I saw him. I even told everyone at the party that he was my future husband... ;-).. Well we went on our first date a week later and made our relationship official the following week! Yes we moved very quickly but thats just how we are. People ask us how long we have been together because it seems like its been 10 years already! We laugh. The truth is, we are both the type of people who don't play the beginning games. We're up front and real. If you've ever dated me, you know how I am. No bullshit 101. And he gave me everything I never had from a boyfriend. #1 was loyalty. He wins....


Only a mere 6 months later we come to find out that we are pregnant!!! Yes. Its soon. We know.

5 months prior, I had surgery and there was a slight possibility of not getting pregnant. Because of the surgery I went off the pill. Tommy was there for me every step of the way. He was my angel.

When we found out, we were shocked and we know the exact time it happened. Because it was the only "slip up".LOL.  within minutes we realized how much of a blessing this actually was. Being a mom  was always my goal. Family is so important to me and I want to make mine right. This was a dream come true!
Tommy feeling more excited than most, voiced his feelings about wanting to be a dad so bad and if it didn't happen this way he didn't see it happening  at all because there is never a RIGHT time for a baby. Planning a baby can be rough. Some couples cant even have children and here we are with one on the way, no way were turning our backs on this miracle! People questioned us OF COURSE. but this was it. This was the baby we both set forth to parent. And fate brought us together to make that happen..

Here we are. 20 weeks in. 20 more to go. And we are so excited and nervous in a good way.

Baby's legs were closed both sonogram appointments and we're hoping they will be open in 2 weeks. The doctor didnt get to see the baby's bladder or sex organs and that is necessary for the anatomy scan.


We think girl. But are very unsure because doctor said probably girl, then probably boy and then he said come back, shadows are difficult when the baby is too small.( 1 week too early for the scan)

2nd appointment, this baby's legs were smashed together! and the butt was on my cervix!! They couldn't even get the wand low enough to see!

Keeping our fingers crossed for next time.

 This is our pregnancy announcement that we took on Thanksgiving 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment