Thursday, January 23, 2014

Baby Shower/ Roller Coaster Emotions

So, I am really excited for the baby shower my family is throwing for me! I decided I didn't want a cheesy theme so were having a Tea Party! My sister Maureen is really great at planning these types of parties and shes overly excited I chose to have a tea party. She has shown me a few things she has gotten for the fun day and I can't wait to see it all put together. My sisters are my best friends in the whole world and I'm not sure what I would do without them. They are my support system. Considering we lost our mom just 5 years ago, this whole process is extremely hard for all of us. Maureen had her amazing son Matthew close to 3 years ago and I remember feeling so sad for her because our mom wasn't around to help or to just be a part of it. I did my best to help as much as possible and I think I did a pretty damn good job! Haha. I couldn't get enough time with that little lumpy pile of mush. He was my only happiness. As for Tara, she's recently engaged and planning a wedding knowing our mom won't be there to witness that day. It's rough, and I feel awful, and I try to help as much as possible. Even though its a husband and wife activity to plan. Haha! Nancy Is an amazing mother, and she has been through so much without having our mom around. Her 2nd lung transplant was one major life change. Her 2 amazing and gorgeous children are growing up so fast as they are 16 and 18, but again, moms are needed more than people actually realize. And now I'm pregnant and pretty much struggling with the fact that she's not here and that's why I truly appreciate EVERYONE'S help and love. I think we are all doing a great job at being each others mom's by just being there and stepping up to the plate and loving each other unconditionally because my mother would expect nothing less.

But as for the shower... I'm having a hard time being ok with asking for gifts! I get that's the point of these things, but I feel weird! Lol, don't get me wrong, the gifts I have received already are absolutely amazing. I never would have expected so many people to want to help so much and I really feel like a simple thank you isn't enough. I know I've been to many showers and gotten gifts for others and never expected more than a thank you but there's something about it, from my perspective right now, that makes me want to pay back for it. Call me crazy but I guess just saying thank you makes me feel selfish! I cant be the only one... Or am I?.... Ok definitely not because I was so much of a freak to actually Google it and , Phew, I'm not.

I just want to say that for all the people who have offered their support and love to me throughout the years, including my entire family and my close friends, I truly appreciate you and you don't go unnoticed. And as for Tommy's family, who has taken me in so easily, all of you are amazing. From Jaynie to Judi and back to Taylor, Julian, Michael and  Joey, I've felt nothing but love. So thank all of you. <3

Well anyway. I was going to attach our ideas for the shower on here, but I think I'll leave it as a surprise until its over! Thanks for reading, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment